Thursday, March 27, 2014

March in the garden...

After a lovely dry, warn, sunny weekend , this week has been the  usual mix of grey, sun, wind and rain March weather. We find ourselves in and out in and out .  Mostly I've been watching the progress of my many seeds I 've got started in various plastic pots. I have  dug up just  and  a few things, but at this time if year I'm trying to  wait till more things start appearing . How many times have I accidentally stuck my spade into a still sleeping plant…many times. So I've just been wandering around nose to the ground.

I was beginning to worry the  Muehlenbeckia had been killed of this winter; but no, looking into the bare wiry stems I can just now see green.

The same here with  Leucosceptrum 'October Moon' , lots of dead brittle stems till this week ; and  now lovely fresh new growth.

A newly planted twig of a tree Cercidiphyllum japonicum pendulum , it's leaves just about to unfurl.

And here Robinia 'twisty baby' 

The normally Chartreuse Euphorbis ridgida's decided to be orange this year.

 Golden tips of Juniperus Media daub's frosted Juniperus media' daubs's frosted'  my  favorite  conifer in the garden, not that I have that many.

If only you were a little wet owl ; but no just a very wet Syneilesis 

3 comments:

  1. It's so great to see so much waking up from its winter sleep, but it's also hard to wait. I always have a hard time remembering that lots of things take quite a while to show themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some lovely shots of what spring is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful photos, Linda. I think I'm about ready to give up on my wire vine. Yours has come back so maybe I will give mine another week. I bought 3 small variegated wire vine the other day and I really like them (new to me) so maybe all is not lost. I did finally cut off my Eucalyptus tree though. It was more than dead. Your orange Euphorbia is indeed interesting. Maybe you've got a new cultivar. Wouldn't that be fun? Love your Syneilesis. It really does look like a wet owl. Such interesting plants. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete