Monday, March 3, 2014

Bare...

After much pulling and snipping. I'm ready for  a  new season ahead. I'm still gutted about loosing both my Acacias .  I've enjoyed  having a shady area  to plant in. Now I'm back to full sun, and scorched plants...

A look back at my shade lovers under the Acacia , perhaps a big umbrella 

Not growing as rapidly as the Acacia , but one day cercidiphyllum-japonicum-pendulum/    will fill in and provide plenty of shade. And a hardy no winter worry tree for once.

And  just as I've made a nice clearing.  These beautifully presented seeds from Seedaholic in Ireland arrived, with both sides printed full of interesting information . I've got two new Euphoria's to try out  E.oblongata and E. sticta 'golden form' . Along with Squirrel tail grass Hordeum jubatum and Bowles golden grass Milium effusum aureum  , Bowles golden grass . Nemophila menziesii 'snowstorm' is a new one , I've never tried any of the Nemophila , probably because "nemophila ' means shade lover , very  lacking in my garden. A fluffy double white Achillea 'The pearl'.  Lychnis coronaria 'Occulata' which is white as well, but with a pink center.I wonder if it's as rampant as the others ? I'd guess ….yes
I've also got Erynginum alpinum super bum. One of the showiest ! so says the blurb. And lastly an annual  Europeon wildflower Anchusa arvensis  which I'm hoping will love my sandy soil. As all the seeds need temps of 68 to 70 F to germinate, I'm taking my time ….

6 comments:

  1. I'll refrain from going on (obnoxiously) about what fun it will be to fill up all that bare space. Excited about your seeds. We probably jinxed your Acacia provissima by admiring it so. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ricki, It may look like bare spaces ,but not so , I can just see things beginning to appear. I'll have seedling to share !

      Delete
  2. Cercidiphyllumm japonicum-pendulum looks like a wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My yard is looking about the same. It amazing what another month will do to bring forth the greenery and growth. Despite it being wet, March is an amazing month of emergence in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, This is my favorite time of year ! Every morning I go out to find something new , something I'd forgotten I'd planted .

    ReplyDelete