Monday, February 3, 2014

A few good plants...

With so much in the garden looking, frankly not great, I'm pleased with a few new comers to the winter garden , Hebe 'Karo Golden Esk' planted last summer,  this whipcord Hebe looks beautifully fresh. I think a few more like this could be in my future.

Another lovely winter plant ozothamnus 'sussex silver' white white stems and silvery foliage  , may need a bit of a trim , it's looking a tad leggy , but still ,  a  wonderful one.

Lastly chamaecyparis thyroids 'heather bun' ,  is still quite small, but I love the feathery smokey  foliage ,  and it looks great planted with bonze Carex ….

6 comments:

  1. Well done! It's so hard to find anything good-looking out there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, all three! Keep these coming, I need all the inspiration I can get right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I can get some tips from you about pruning the ozothamnus. Ours is looking quite rangy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same hebe and it too has been unfazed by the cold. Hooray for the tiny tough ones!

    ReplyDelete