Thursday, February 7, 2013

For the love of Crocus...

 I see a mass planting of crocus in my future. Here I have a huge area under  my Big Rhododendron left unoccupied with only the suckering Lillac, till the Erythroniums and T.Sylvestris appear in late spring. Now it I had  only thought about this last Autumn. But I only started reading E.A. Bowles 'My garden in Spring' this winter.
Rhodies and Lillac underplanted with C.atticus which is now C. sieberi subsp.atticus. or C.crewei now C. biflorus , or perhaps I should just stick with Tommies !

4 comments:

  1. I have just a smattering of croci, but they seem to come and go in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the next chapter by EA should be useful then, Scilla biflia and Chionodoxa sardensis ...take me closer tulip time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is perfect...I just planted my first ever Crocus last fall...and am impatiently waiting for them to appear!

    ReplyDelete