Monday, March 4, 2019

Vase on Monday ...the live version

I don't think I'll ever get around to cutting things from the garden for indoors. But,  I do like having  foliage and flowers around , especially when I'm stuck indoors for so many winter months.
I found this glass brandy snifter a few years ago just a few  at an estate  sale. It was full of lovely shells, I was happy to give it a new home. The shells are dotted around the house.
I decided to make the classic 70's brandy snifter terrarium ...

Got a few books from the library and I was off . It's been going with out much care , after I discovered that a lid makes all the difference for keeping the moisture in.

I've had a few deaths , too be expected I guess ! The  Cryptanthus is getting too big . I successfully got a miniature African violet to propagate from a leaf . No blooms yet .
I 've got at least ten plants in here. Two Orchids,  a tiny Begonia , a fern , Saxifraga , and  MORE.

This is the tiny Orchid I added , it's very cute ! It's an  Epidendrum  . Picked it up last night from  Fellow blogger  In Search Of Small Things  she also sells online from her blog . I was very lucky to visit and see her wall of  amazing terrariums  with plants and frogs . So much to take in all at once , very exciting ....

2 comments: