Sunday, October 7, 2018

Lockhartia lunifera

Just after Christmas last year I had the mad idea that I needed indoor plants to nurture  in the winter months .   Maybe something  that would bloom  through the winter months ...

Some how  I started collecting miniature Orchids. They're small and fit on the window sill, they mostly like  normal indoor temperatures, need watering once a week , a little misting , morning light . 

They languished out doors all summer.

As the temperatures are getting cooler I've brought them into the sunroom.  This is the first of the blooms   , even without the blooms , look at those  braided stems.

4 comments:

  1. I was taken with the foliage in your first picture. I didn't even realize it was an orchid. We have a collection in our guest bathroom window. They seem happy. Nothing as cool as this one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an unusual one . It's tricky making it feel it's living in Brazil and not the PNW.

      Delete
  2. Unusual, fun foliage for an orchid...flowers are a bonus.
    rickii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Orchids it can be a long wait for blooms , so interesting foliage helps.

      Delete