Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Re-graveling the gravel ...

One of those jobs that needed doing, but have put off till now. But then I couldn't be hauling gravel in 90+ temps.
I only got a 1/4 yard of pea gravel , which was just enough to give everything a nice thick layer.
I really wanted to re contour all the paths. And that I did, pulling out as I went along. The paths now are much wider , it was mostly sedum that went, it does take over .

I've been organizing the Carex , by color. 

The Irises …moved again , they get so messy , I don't know where is the best place for them  .

I haven't started going over this area yet, the bergenias  at the top will be moving , they got scorched  this summer. The Lamium , I attack aggressively several times all year long .




Under all this Saccharum  foliage , I found half a dozen Verbena seedling..nice.

Mickey crunch, crunching along.

12 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous. Do you have some kind of barrier beneath the gravel? We find the pea gravel sticking in the treads of our shoes. It's hell on hardwood floors. Keep trying to have indoor shoes and outdoor shoes but when we're going in and out a lot that's a nightmare too. Hey! I think I just came up with the subject for this month's GBQ&A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rickii, No barrier , just layers of gravel. Slip on shoes and slippers , that's what we use , for that quick in doors out doors change. The dogs always bring in gravel between their pads!

      Delete
  2. A fresh coat of gravel just makes things feel so tidy. It really looks lovely..but then it always does. You have such a magic touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Jennifer. It really does look so much tidier. Worth the effort !

      Delete
  3. I need to refresh the gravel in my back garden, near the veggie beds. It does fill up with Douglas fir detritus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, Fir detritus …I'm not sad the neighbors cut their Fir down.

      Delete
  4. A job well done, everything looks so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, Doesn't it look fresh, we'll see how long before the dogs scatter it around.

      Delete
  5. It's looking great with the new layer of gravel. It's one of those pesky jobs I have to get around to doing myself as well!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt, I hummed and hawed over doing it. Then just got on with it. I actually enjoyed it or at least the pouring and spreading bit. The shoveling into the wheelbarrow got , not so much !

      Delete
  6. Hauling gravel is no small feat. Since you're so good at it, I'll be getting a load delivered tomorrow. I'll see you at 7 AM sharp. (Tee hee.) Seriously, it looks really nice, Linda.

    ReplyDelete