Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Blooms...

I've tried to find a few blooms that I didn't post last bloom  day.  Since , I  planted this a few weeks ago to fill in  a bare patch from all my plant moving . Helenium 'Sahins Early Flowerer' 

This sweet little Guillardia grandiflora ' fanefare' I've had for years , I've never posted it on Bloom day . And I nearly killed  it this spring when I planted over the top of it.



Levcoceprum Stellipilum 'October moon'  with it's pink bottle brush bloom

Now that I know where I went wrong with growing Agastaches ... cutting them back to the ground . I 've started growing them again ! 

The last of the Lychnis blooms ... thankfully. I 've been tugging out seedling by the bucket load 

A dainty  companion for the Phormium , Scutellaria suffrutescens

Rhapdosia longituba, a new planting from Northern Japan , which I love , should get to about 3ft  of spindly growth , nice filler for between the evergreen Fatsia and Osmanthus  

An odd white flower from my packet of crimson bedder , just now starting to bloom nicely ...quick before the first frost !



And lastly , I missed the blooms , all tucked under the follage, but here are the ripe berries of Rubus lineatus Thank you Carol for hosting and for more blooms visit .maydreamsgardens.com

11 comments:

  1. I have plenty of Lychnis seedlings waiting to be weeded out too. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, I'm sorry to hear about your back, I hope you're having sunny weather up there , so you can sit out and enjoy !

      Delete
  2. Lovely, all...but the Rhapdosia really stands out. You keep surprising with things I've never heard of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ricki, The Rhapdosia is new to me too, I picked it up at Xera at the week end ...and a few others !

      Delete
  3. I so hope you have good luck with the Agastaches this winter! If so, I'll have some to share with you next spring...if you want ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Rhapdosia longituba is such a pretty blue. I'm in love with that color! And those Rubus berries look yummy, though I doubt you'd try them, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that Rubus! Nature is the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried the Rubus berries? They are actually really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went out and tried one, the birds have had most of them, not bad at all .

      Delete
  7. Finally someone who is also growing Scutellaria. Don't you love it? It really should be in every garden. However, Levcoceprum Stellipilum 'October moon' is a new one for me. What a pretty blossom. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is new to me, I found it at the Xera shop , thinking it would be a perfect companion for Phormium 'Apricot Queen' which is more pink than apricot....and it is , I love it.

      Delete