Saturday, February 15, 2020

February. Bloomday

It's been raining all day , so I didn't try very had to find blooms. I don't think think there is much out yet anyway .Maybe a few weather beaten crocus  and hellebores .
But this Saxifraga  has grown to a nice blooming clump in my broken pot structure .


So I gave up on outdoor blooms . Back in doors I have a few blooms .                                                                          Codonanthe devosiana 'Paula' . has been blooming nonstop since I put her under lights.



Maxillaria  variabillis  has been a good bloomer . I've got it growing in a Bonsai pot , which it seems to like , Probably when it gets too big I'll mount it on a piece of cork. 

 Howeara lava burst is another reliable bloomer for me .

 Abutilon 'Tiger eye has been in my sunroom all winter 

This Orchid from Australia Dendrobium kingianum known as the pink rock Orchid. It  does grow on rocks .
I threw a bit of gravel in the bark mixture when I repotted it. It also needs a cooler temperature to bloom well. And here it is blooming.

 

2 comments:

  1. Your inside blooms are so cheerful. I can't grow anything inside - everything looks at me and dies. I hate to even buy anything new because I feel guilty, like a murderer knowing what will happen.
    Yours looks great.
    I'm ready for spring.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete