Monday, May 8, 2017

Follow the path...

The dogs seem happy with the new path ! Once again, I went out and pulled up all the  steps . I did such a  sloppy job last year, thinking I'd go back and level and space them out . I never did !
This time I made a nice even clearing , I  carefully laid them out . Then I got Philip out with spirit level in hand …he is so much better at this point .

This had me searching for photos of the path when it was steps and ground cover, which all died one nasty winter. So, it was back to the drawing board . I've never been able to get anything growing around the steps since .  So out it all came, and I've been reworking them over and over again.
And the planting has all changed , the path has narrowed quite a lot . Wild strawberries seem to taking over the edging . I hope this  is it …. .

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't that where your Leptinella squalida 'Platt's Black' was growing? It died? But it was so beautiful!! Well so is the new path and the abundant plantings. The garden marches on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, Thank you for reminding me…'Platt's black". I couldn't remember the name . Yes, It mostly died a few winters ago , sad , yes , but I think it was intending to take over the garden !

      Delete
  2. Nice, graceful curves to your new path. I hate to tell you this, but "this", whatever it is, is never "it". You knew that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, I'm finding wild strawberries make an excellent groundcover, although I do worry about them creeping over paths, lawn, street, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaron, They're good at keeping the weeds down ! I pull plenty out , but I still like it as a ground cover.

      Delete