Thursday, October 27, 2016

Physalis peruviana


Physalis peruviana or Cape gooseberry in my sunroom. Still blooming away ! It's been out doors all  summer.  I did get a few fruit to pick and eat. I don't think these will come to anything though. 

A few small fruit forming, they need plenty of heat and water .

I adopted these two plants from my neighbor last year , they were quite small .  I really don't know how big they get , or if I need to cut them back ? 
Here is the other one . I can see many little blooms ! I'll have to wait and see how they get along in the  winter . I don't usually heat the room unless it get really freezing cold. But I might  have to treat them to a blast of the heater if they keep pushing out the blooms .

1 comment:

  1. Interesting bloom...and edible fruit too? What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete