Monday, April 6, 2015

Weeding, seedlings and more..

I've spent the fine weather days out pulling out huge clumps of clover .                                                                                                  The clover that happily lived in the lawn all these years .  Now that the lawn in no more , I thought the clover should go as well , or at least most of it.
Now we are ready for new planting. So, hurry up little seedlings .

The new expanded shade garden is filling in .
I've been digging up and spreading things out . The fence area is looking bare.  I did pull out all the old shrubs last summer. Maybe the Rubus lineatus and Saulaman Seal will fill it in a bit for now. I hope so. I hate to see the fence.

All the seedlings are ticking along ,                                                                                                                                                     I've pricked them out and repotted the little spindly ones ( which was all of them). stuck them right back down to their leafy collars. All we need is HEAT .                                                                                                                                            These will all go into my new planting area. I've got : Erigeron , Echinacea pallia, Gypsophila pacifica, Sunset foxgloves,Sanguisorbia , Salvis Greggi and a few more things... I can't remember .                                                                  Will they bloom this year? 



3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I can't wait to see this all filled in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be beautiful, Linda! I'm hoping to get something grand and sweeping accomplished in the garden this year too, but so far my progress has been severely hampered by other priorities. I'm starting to think that I might have missed my chance, by now. Oh well - there is always next year... right?

    ReplyDelete