Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November Blooms ...

Saccharum starts off the November blooms , as it's the tallest !  I just moved a big clump of  Achnatherum  Calamagrostis , which is that tangled mess in front of the Cotinus . I'm hoping this will be a good move !


Salvia aff. chiapensis is supposed to be tender , but it survived last freezing winter. So, I'm hopeful .


Persicaria 'golden arrow' looked miserable all  this dry summer, so I cut it down to the ground .   It  came back  much happier with the cooler temperature .

Same thing with the Astrantia major , it bloomed in spring , I cut it back when it went crispy ..... a nice little late bloom.

Salvia 'Purple majesty' 


Rain drenched Emilia Javanica

                                            Cyclamen hederifolium

Fuchsia speciosa

Two new and unplanted Salvia , Which are: S. leucantha and S. Conferlifolia 

Another long suffering one.   Inula Orientalis hated the dry summer and refused to bloom ... till now .

Fushsia Whiteknights Amythyst



Persicaria amplexicaulis 'blackfield'  is my favorite .
Penstemon 'Enor'

Schizostylis 'Big Mama'

 And  lastly , because it started to rain again , Rosa chinensis
Happy November Bloom day !




4 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty happening in your November garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what your Emilia Javanica looks like on a sunny day, but I do love its wet look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite annual , I save the seeds every year . Very easy to grow !

      Delete