Sunday, May 15, 2016

Garden Bloggers bloom day … the white edition

It's a very wet May bloom day , so I'm not going out with my camera.
I have a few new blooms that I'm excited about though; Magnolia macrophylla's very first bloom . And gaining a bit of height at last.

Grevillea moonlight has made many blooms this year

Another first bloom: Stewartia rostrata is much happier after being moved into the shade garden . 

Lastly Styrax japonica 'evening light', which I planted last summer .
Thank you Carol for hosting  May Dreams Gardens 

7 comments:

  1. Happy GBBD Linda! I love the way the blooms of Styrax japonica 'Evening Light' dangle and the stems are such a pretty burgundy color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, And I bought it for the dark foliage , and didn't realize the blooms were so sweet !

      Delete
  2. Wonderful selection, Linda! That Grevillea is beautiful - oh heck - they are all stellar. My Styrax is blooming too, but it doesn't have those dark stems. And my backyard looks like it just snowed, with all the fallen blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, My neighbor's Styrax always drops blossoms on my big Persicaria polymorpha( from Scot) which really annoys me ! Mine is only tiny , I guess I'll have to get used to it .

      Delete
  3. Your whites are downright symphonic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The longer I garden, the more I like white flowers. They're so cool and serene. You've got some stellar examples! Is your Grevillea moonlight in the ground?

    ReplyDelete