Monday, November 23, 2015

First frost ...

y
I should give a warning ,  some gruesome photos in this post .  It's aways a bit shocking , that first after frost inspection.                                                                                   .  But interesting to see how the garden copes.   I've never left Euphorbia 'Emerald leaf' out this long , but I had so many plants, I left a few out   .   I 'm more worried about the Dyckia and Hakea lissosperma that are underneath .

Plenty of blackened mush around.

Leucosceptrum stellipilum 'October moon'  these late blooms always get hit.

Blackened Dahlia of course, but my  new 'Tough -love -sale'  plant Lomayia myricoides  survives ! 


Pineapple sage got  battered

Another new plant Lepechinia hastata , a little crinkled , but still trying to bloom.

Sad Fushia 

I planted Salvia muelleri this year to replace  a not very hardy Salvis greggii 'Diane' . Seems to be OK in a  my most exposed front garden ... well that's one frost down .

2 comments:

  1. That first walkabout in the frost-blackened garden is always a shock, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had to happen sometime but what happened to that mild winter we were promised?

    ReplyDelete