Saturday, October 12, 2019

October in the garden


Diana looking stunning . Most  hot dry years she drops her leaves too early.

My new path ...to no where ! I didn't get any further . I've still got a pile of gravel waiting .



October brought a new next door neighbor.  I was warned by her son./ contractor that she wanted an easy care garden . Came home to a shockingly (where once  there were trees and shrubs) very open and exposed   boarder line. They had a huge digger and just chomped out everything.  I was pleased to see the Vinca , Ivy Black berry Night shade etc, etc ...GO !
I hope they put up a very high fence , I don't like seeing the  blue house.
Once I was over the shock , I started thinking about changing my side . I'll have shade if they put up a good wooden fence . 


Yup ! all open . I can see the new neighbors has gone for bark all round with a circle of lawn . Please put a fence up soon.

I've become obsessed with the blue house ! No escape....


8 comments:

  1. Is that lovely plant in last photo a Nicotiana? Fingers crossed you get your fence soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two options 1. Put up your own fence or plant obscuring equivalent 2. Make your view unpalatable to her house. I have a really ugly tire sculpture or something very sexual in mind - easily removable but an irritant.

    PS I really hope that the blue changes to a nicer color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have my white truck and a big blue yard debris bin parked .

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain! Twice something similar happened to us. While they may build a fence it's always nice to have some view blocking control on your own property too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a shock to come to such a drastic change ! But I am looking forward to making some changes.

      Delete
  4. Such rich color in that first shot -- is it Hamamelis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , It's Diane' or is it 'Diana' anyway she is smaller than the others. Nice red blooms.

      Delete