Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Late January blooming bulbs

Just one blooming January bulb ... just made  it!  My super market Mini Iris pots I always pop into the garden   . They must be blooming  early , I haven't even seem them in the super market yet .


 Crocus chryanthus 'cream beauty' are  always the first to bloom in February .
I had to get out and clear up a area or I'll never see any bulbs this year .  Sometimes I run  the mulch mover over the lot. This really needs some going over , as in grabbing and just tugging out as much as I can get of those pesky self seeders.
This will take quite a few sessions ....

4 comments:

  1. I love to see 'Cream Beauty' anywhere. Such a cheering little seasonal clock! Only flowers earlier here at ground level are winter aconites.

    It's stretching it to use the plural about these crocuses, tbh. The first season's solid little swath dwindled quickly to almost nothing; now there are just two, each in its own odd spot where a squirrel dropped a bulb. Maybe this fall in a container...

    Your witch hazel is a gorgeous incentive to spend time in that sector, thinning out the self-seeders. Is that 'Jelena'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Cream beauty' is a good one , if only I could find them all ! Next year I think I'll plant a collection in a pot, so I can enjoy them close up. And yes that is 'Jelena' .

      Delete
  2. Such a rich, electric blue on that Iris...think I would bring it inside to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have keep to tradition and buy a pot from Fred Meyer for indoors ! That way I can add another clump out in the garden afterwords !

      Delete