Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A few things in January

I spent very little time in the January garden , I just can not make myself go out in the  wet , gray and cold . It's all very mucky and squelchy anyway .                                                                                                                                                                      

 I have noticed  several broken pots . Even my Bonzai pot took a hit !

Maybe the figs trees  need to go into some of the stock tanks, but then I'd have the problem of somehow getting the bamboo out.

 I found a lovely fat Rose hip while poking around.


I did have a good clearing around the big Sacchararum Ravenna grass . Out came the the old Lavender , everything else got cut back.  I'm  thinking  of leaving  it more open this year . I say that ...then  all the self-seeders start  popping up.. 

This was planted last summer,  it's only tiny , I think it's Leucothoe fontanesiana .


One of my favorites....Chamaecyparis thyolde 'Heatherbun''

Euphorbia 'Blackbird ' 

Lots of early buds on the Honeysuckle this year .
Now for a nice stretch of dry sunny days for a good February tidy up...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda! I just did a walkabout in my garden and it's so wet. Every step my clogs would squish and sink. Yuck. However, I see new buds on my honeysuckle vines too. It's a sign that spring is around the corner....and we're due our typical stretch of good February weather.

    ReplyDelete