Tuesday, October 17, 2017

October in the garden...


I thought I'd better get in a October post in before October is over.  I took a bunch of photos yesterday It's been a beautiful few days ,  a little cold and misty in the morning , but clear , dry and sunny late in the day . I've  been sitting in the South/West  sun trap corner that gets the late sun.                         Jumping up now and again to dig up and move things around while it's still nice out.

                                                   Hamamelis 'Diane' is a brilliant red  right now.

I don't know how I'm going to plant bulbs in all this .
Saccharum Ravenna 
The shady seating area has been abandoned till next year.
Eucalyptus camphora has grown back nicely after  a rough winter.
This is what had be jumping out of my  seat this week . I've dug out a some of the Bronze Fennel , swapped over some Carex for a Pennisetum . The flopped over  tall white Aster is now sitting behind  the white Anemone . A big clump of Helianthus joined them as well. 
And here is the  Anemone that's getting  all the new company , I thought I'd make  a yellow and white  area.

8 comments:

  1. Nice! I am interested in the eucalyptus - is it a tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a tree . It will die back in a bad winter, but many of them are root hardy, they grow back FAST !

      Delete
  2. I can't sit still in the garden either. Too much to do out there. There's always something that needs digging up and moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it for sitting out for a while , looks like rain , rain , rain !

      Delete
  3. I love the look of October as it appears in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Helianthus , I think that's what they are? Are from you .

      Delete
  4. Your garden is looking gorgeous as always! Hope you were able to get your bulbs planted before this series of rain storms hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bulbs haven't arrived yet . They always send them late Oct/Nov in our zone .

      Delete