Friday, July 28, 2017

Back to my mother's garden..

I did a post on my mother's garden many years ago. I think she had just turned eighty.  She's now ninety!
 The garden upkeep was becoming  to much.
Well I found her a great hands on gardener , and he managed to keep things from getting out of hand .
Unfortunately he's now buggered off to North Dakota! .  

So , I am once again head gardener ! So much to do , Those islands are full of"Ugly grass" ...ugh .

The Landscapers have not been trimming the edges when they mow the lawn.

My mother likes to strangle the Crocosmia  1

Her obsession is clover in the grass . I'm sure she had the gardener spend all his time picking it out of the lawn.

She is  a master at bare hand snatch and pull  that dead stuff !

This is what I've been working on...digging out all the "ugly grass". Claggy clay soil is not so easy, especially when wet !
My brother won't be pleased...he just pressure washed the patio .

This was my first job !  I should have taken a before photo.
It was full of "ugly grass". So I lifted all the stones out , they're only moulded cement blobs , not to heavy.
 Down went weed fabric this time round , I'm not messing with this again ! Looking at this picture, I need to move a few of those stones around !



2 comments: