Saturday, April 22, 2017

A few jobs ...

After this winter the tiny bonsai needed repotting . I made a new one with a sad clump of Molinia grass I dug out of the garden . It was mostly dead anyway , so a few healthy sprigs make a sweet bonsai and  much healthier with all the dead bits pulled off.

I found all the soil in my larger pots had sunk down too low , so I  have been repotting .
And all the Sempervivums looked awful , so I pulled those out replaced the small pups .


Last year I unloaded a truck full of river pebbles. A little texture change from the gravel that makes up most of the garden. With all the snow and rain this year,  most of it got squashed into the soil , in a not very attractive  way . 
So, I've what  been picking through the soil and weeds to get at the pebbles .  And why not trim off the dead lower Yucca leaves  , Which in some cases doesn't leave much of a plant . Now that's a  way to spend a sunny afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I love the combinations in your pots! My agave collection needs to be repotted this spring..but it's still too wet to move them off the covered front porch. I bet you'll be satisified with your river rock restoration once it's done as it is a lovely texture in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little chores yielded great results.

    ReplyDelete