Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I've got my garden back...

So … this is what a garden looks like after a week of being blanketed with ten inches of snow. The big grasses are all truly having a "bad hair day" . 

To be honest the garden always looks pretty scrappy this time of year , with perennials   getting knocked about every which way. 

I  did go out when the sun came out and chopped at a few things, just to clear the path  a bit.  I  left  all the cuttings on the ground . I think next month I'll start really cutting back and clearing up. Before the early bulbs start poking though.
  


I wonder if I should lift that ice sheet from the fish tank ?

My favorite plant at the moment ….The Wintergold  Mugo Pine  !

8 comments:

  1. Hooray! Where did you get your tubs for your bamboo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take a bad hair day over broken limbs. The bright spot of the Mugo Pine makes up for a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ricki, My Camellia suffered a few broken limbs . It's going to need some serious reshaping !

      Delete
  3. I love the Mugo Pine. I have one similar to this and it is one of my favorite plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Philip, i would like to add a few more of these , they really brighten things up !

      Delete
  4. My garden is having a bad hair month! So did you take down a section of fence? In my memory your terribly cute shed was separated from the back garden by fence??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, we moved the metal fence at the side of the shed forward , to open up the back garden . So, now the dogs have more room to do their BUSINESS , and it takes me longer to find it !

      Delete