Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The A's…

I was almost going to give seed sowing a miss this year. But then with being stuck indoors ,with all this winter weather , I've changed my mind. It only took the first seed catalog to show up ! Which as it happens, is my favorite for unusual plants : J.L.Hudson . I found this seed catalog a few years ago , it was mentioned in 'Onward and upward in the garden ' by Katherine S. White. I went through and checked  all the "Seedsmen and nurserymen" mentioned, to  see if any are still around…not many , since the garden pieces were written from 1975-79.
I didn't get any further than the A's , except Silybum , somehow. I think this will be it for me this year …maybe.

4 comments:

  1. There's still plenty of time to add to your order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you starting already? I can never get with the program until Feb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sending off for seeds, I probably won't get around to planting for a while yet.

      Delete