Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The garden waits for no one ….

After moving the metal fence this spring , I'd didtn't  get round to planting anything in this space . Quite a large area , since I removed the sprawling Forsythia  and a few others.

So the garden took care of itself.                                                                                                                                                           I believe everything I'd ever grown from seed has converged on this spot : Verbasicum , Nicotiana , Ammi, Dill,Borage, foxgloves and an acorn squash , conveniently in front of the gate . I couldn't have done better myself.




5 comments:

  1. Maybe the removal of the forsythia allowed the light in and the seeds to germinate. Looks good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, Yes, I think you're right, I did in fact find a stunted shrub . The leaf mold I spread around probably had plenty of seed within it , as well .

      Delete
  2. It's great when so many desirable plants seed around...normally it's a case of invasive weeds. As the saying goes, mother nature abhors empty space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is ! Very few weeds have sprouted; and the ones that have …I've just left !

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the plants know best.

    ReplyDelete