Monday, April 8, 2019

MIllium effuse Aureum

Not to be confused with Bowles golden sedge , this is Bowles Golden grass or Golden  Millet Grass.
I planted these from seed a few  years ago . They come from one of my favorite seed companies :

Seedaholic 


from Ireland . It has taken a few years for them to bulk up , but they are  wonderful just now.
I believe they are short lived , but they are good self seeders , maybe too good . Pulled out easily enough and plenty to give away or relocated .
They are a woodland grass from Europe , but I found they survived my dry sunny  garden without being scorched  to badly. I've planted them in the shadiest spots I could find.  


and here with another great self seeder Rumex sanguineus.

7 comments:

  1. I have what seems to be this same grass, and it self-seeds perfectly. I love the bright hit of gold in the garden this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, Could be the same or maybe Bowles Golden Sedge Carex elata 'Aurea.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I know that Rumex alright... I have itty bitty seedlings of it all over the place. Still love it, though. I have Carex 'Everillo' that also provides that bright visual punch. Good you are for growing things from seed. I'm a much lazier gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rumex too, it does get everywhere ,but it's small and fills the gaps between the other plants.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!

    Play set Installation

    ReplyDelete