Sunday, November 18, 2018

November in the garden

We've had a run of lovely sunny days in the PNW , so I got out to get a bit of tidying up done .
I nearly missed the   'Fuller's Teasel' which seems to be a very late bloomer , unless I missed it in all the tangled mess  this time of year.

The blue yard debris bin to prove I've been clearing up. I was planning to leave it all  till  Feb or March .  But my bulbs arrived and I decided I couldn't just push things around enough to get them in the ground. So I just  pulled everything I could out.

Which was great because I haven't been able to walk though the path around the back garden  for months.  


The pathway cleared ! I think the miniature bearded Iris will be happy with the open space. I was able to dig holes without splitting too many underground bulbs . Ten Tulip blue spectacle in the ground.


Lots of this about, looks like the Zennias have had it.

One of a few survivers... Tetonia , blooms that is.

Plenty of droopy blooms around.

,It was time to poke Crocus 'orange monarch' bulbs into my Bonsai pots. I've been waiting for this ... So excited to see how they  get on with the dorment Hosta .

A few in this one !

The rest are going into the dwarf mondo lawn .

Back indoors ,  while watering my Orchids  I found a Dendrobium blooming ! 

A proud moment  when an Orchid re-blooms

No comments:

Post a Comment