Thursday, March 15, 2018

Garden Blogger's bloom Day for March

I must always start my March GBBD with the  Santa  Rosa plum . It takes up the width of the back garden , which I'm grateful for come summer !

I think this is the only plant ( outdoor) I've bought so far this year...unheard of , I know !   And I've lost the tag .  Primula  something or other, from Joy Creek Nursery .

Primula vulgaris

Another Primula Vulgaris , another lost tag .

Wind flowers are throwing themselves about the garden .

I took photos of the next four single Narrcissi that I found in different places around the garden. Hoping that they would all be different . But  no ...they  look all the same . Someone has been moving bulbs ...

Just to annoy me...

I'll have to dig them all up to make one clump .

I think it looks pathetic ...odd single bulbs everywhere.

At least this one is different.

This must be a mini bought for indoors , then planted out .

Same with this Hyacinth.

Muscari ...just everywhere .


Cerinthe Major ...everwhere  .

Japanese flowering Quince
.
The Brunnera starting to bloom

Kerria Japanica has been blooming all winter.

I'm not a great fan of Pieris , But I love wavy leaves ! So here is Pieris Japaonica 'Crispa ' 

I seem to be getting more and more careless with plant tags ! Euphorbia NOID planted last year.

And lastly ... is that a bloom on my Cosmos seedling ?
Need more Spring blooms visit our host Carol.

9 comments:

  1. These are like coming attractions to me, living in the snow zone. Thank you for the sneak peak of spring, and happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you spring comes soon ! We've only had one snow storm this year ! Happy Bloom day !

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers, and the Santa Rosa Plum is gorgeous
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lea, I'm hoping for plenty of plums this year ! It had a rest last year . Happy Bloom day !

      Delete
  3. Your one bulb here, one bulb there story made me laugh - I have something similar going on in my garden. Who do I blame? The squirrels, maybe? Anyway, that Cerinthe is so dark it looks black. Love that! I didn't know they bloom this early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, Those odd bulbs annoy me when I see them in other peoples gardens . They always look sad and forgotten. I'll have to gather them up ... Those squirrels .
      Cerinthe seedlings often get killed off in bad winters , but not this year !

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Philip ! I rushed around snapping , lots of blurry ones .

      Delete
  5. Such a delight to see all these spring blooms! Here in my part of the Midwest, we are still waiting for something to bloom.

    ReplyDelete