Saturday, February 25, 2017

My Crocus

I've been planting Species Crocus bulbs for the last few years.  In 2013, I planted 50   'biflorus spring beauty'  .
I count, so far  only five clumps …nice fat little clumps though .  

Only two clumps of  50 "Sieberi Tricolor' planted the same year returned . It is an area that gets messed  about  though.  I might try them again, in another area.

In 2015  I planted 50 Tommasinians ,  there are quite a few  clumps scattered about . And I see many that haven't appeared yet. Must be a good one !
I was  impressed with the returning Chrysanthus 'cream beauty' planted in 2014.
At least a half dozen nice sized groups . Then I checked …I'd planted 100 bulbs .
So, I'm still confused …                                                                                                                                                                       I'm waiting for last years planting of  25 Chrysanthus orange beauty  which  with all the frozen ground this year , got squeezed up and out of the ground . I replanted them all , but they haven't bloomed yet.

4 comments:

  1. They are very pretty Linda. I wish I had planted some last fall. I will have to do that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may need to plant some crocus, normally I shy away from bulbs because of that whole yellowing foliage thing, but their sweet little grass-like leaves aren't bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, They would probably like growing in your little bit of lawn , if you still have any ?

      Delete