Sunday, February 15, 2015

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day , February 2015

The star of this months bloom day, Arctostaphylos' Austin Griffiths' planted in 2010  .  I remember  when I planted   it thinking it would take forever to make a substantial  tree. Now here it at 5 ft !

An area I cleaned up yesterday . With NOID Helleborus and just starting to bloom primulas, crocus , and many other bulbs just appearing that I have or the squirrels have brought in here over the years . It's always a surprise to see what comes up or doesn't .

Heleborus foetidus with Stachyuru Salicifolia with its tiny catkins over head.  Well, that's not bad for a February bloom day .  And for many more blooms visit Carol at May Dreams Gardens 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful arctostaphylos and hellebores! I really like that H. foetidus - it's looking very happy. Had one in my garden and it did not survive for some reason (possibly too cold/heavy soil for its liking here...) - wish I could grow it. I may just have another try after seeing your photo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past I've had very sad Hellebores, these two seem to be happy. I 'm tempted to try a few more !

      Delete
  2. I love Hellebores!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too , but they don't always like my garden . Happy GBBD !

      Delete
  3. My Arctostaphylos grows like magic beans. Maybe they all do that. Yours looks great in full bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'd known how fast they grew I would have planted them all along by back fence , not that pesky Bamboo!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Arctostaphylos and Hellebores, and everything else! Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we both planted 'Austin Griffiths' the same year and they look about the same size/shape. Beautiful plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I not sure it is 'Austin Griffths' It could be "St Helens' . I have another near the house , about the same size . I can't remember which is which ! Both are Beauties .

      Delete