Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A rain day...

It's been rather nice this week with a couple of rain days . Not the norm in  PNW July, we usually have to wait till  late October. The dogs have been bored as hell staying in . But I enjoyed spending the morning COOKING pasta sauce and listening to the BBC  PROMS .

This has been  the shady seat  under the Santa Rosa Plum and Cotinus , I believe we're in for more heat in a few days , so I'm embracing the wet.

The umbrella … not to keep the Phlox dry; but  to protect the badly placed Ligularia and Cimicifuga from burning to a crisp.


The garden looks it's best in the wet.

Doesn't my NOID conifer look pathetic , I bought it a few year ago at the Cistus Tough love sale. It's got a sort of Charlie Brown Christmas tree charm. I wonder how big it will get?

5 comments:

  1. The recent rainy days have been refreshing but I'm glad that the sun and warmth will be returning! Your garden looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, The rain yes, but a hale storm , that's not on !

      Delete
  2. We know we are true PNWers when we celebrate the rain. It sure does bring a sparkle to the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ricki, Especially in July ,but I'm ready for sun now. That is one of your sweet peas by the way .

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks so wonderful, you'd never guess you had the losses you did this winter. And I love your Charlie Brown conifer!

    ReplyDelete