Tuesday, November 5, 2013

bulb,bulb, bulbs...

Early last spring when I found I had far too much bare ground under trees and shrubs , I thought .... Crocus. And here they are ,  just arrived. Along with a few others. As it was only grey today, no rain , not cold .  I got to planting !
Fifty Crocus biflorus spring beauty dotted about in small groups  under the Acacia 

Twenty five Crocus sieberi tricolor under the  Rhody. Looks a bit of mess at the moment. I'm counting on the worms tidying  up .

Twenty five more sieberi for around the youthful Eleaegnus pungans'Clemson variegated'

I spotted a clump of Mascari 'glolden fragrance at Joy Creek Nursery in the spring. This is the spot  I thought in my garden  for them . All Chartreuse and yellows in early spring 
The last to be planted, Allium azurem . If they are anything like Allium unifolium  Twenty five  will  soon be  many ,  many , many more

5 comments:

  1. Hooray on getting bulbs planted! I'm so glad I didn't order bulbs earlier this year. Sometimes I order them and then forget, and when they come it's a nice surprise. But not this year. It's making for a much less stressful autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, I beginning to get worried that 'J. Sheepers' had forgotten my bulbs. I'd just finished raking wet leaves when I spotted them on the door step ...phew

      Delete
  2. I love planting bulbs! Sometimes I forget where they are and get nice surprises in the spring; other times the squirrels replant bulbs for me. Your crocus will look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, I think I sliced a few older bulbs with my new hand weeding hoe that I was using to plant the crocus ! Probably not the best bulb planting tool !

      Delete
  3. I ordered some early on that have yet to arrive. Maybe I shouldn't give up hope. On the other hand, I can just enjoy your spring.

    ReplyDelete