Monday, June 24, 2013

Wildlife Botanical Gardens...

After being driven mad by my two ball chasing Bostons...Mickey and Rosie on Saturday Morning . I   got in the car  and drove to the nearest HPSO garden open, which was just a few miles east in Brush Prarie. Not a private garden but, the Wild Botanical Gardens .  "An all volunteer Not-profit Oranganization whose goal is to educate and encourage homeowers to make their gardens attractive to birds and wildlife" 



A straight gravel path plus volunteers hard at work,  all  nine demonstration gardens  too visit.

Lovely big clump of Miscanthus 'morning light' and 'golden sedum'....many plants have labels 


and lots of seating and picnic tables , which I didn't take enough photos of.


gravel paths and stone paths with plenty of buzzing and flapping of wings and bird song.







I loved this

What a lovely place to spend a few hours 

And after strolling round the different garden rooms, I come to the Compost Demonstration site

So many 

This one was my favorite, reminds me of mine.

On the way home I spotted this , I had to stop.

Not for the Petunias and Marigolds, Philip is aways telling me Mickey and Rosie look like miniture Dairy cows.

12 comments:

  1. What an interesting place to visit! The abundance of composting ideas is cool, something for every space. Now I see the resemblance between Mickey, Rosie, and dairy cows. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, They need numbered ear tags to complete the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing us the Wildlife Botanical Gardens, looks like a great place. I love that woven fence. Your wee doggies are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to make a point of getting out there if they are open again this summer...looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, You should , take along some plants though, I noticed plenty of bare spots .

      Delete
  5. HPSO open gardens are just the best! A cure for whatever ails us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ricki,Visiting one has given me the nudge I needed to get me visiting more.

      Delete
  6. I love the arching greens picture. I compost in a rolling barrel, but not very well I'm afraid. I don't often have the mixture right. It gets too wet. It's not aerated and the bugs love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara , I have the same problem with my barrel. I end up transfering the slimy sludge over to another compost heap, messy.
      I'm still waiting for ' Old Filith' , I might just try my local library today ! Still raining

      Delete
  7. Aw, your pups do look like miniature dairy cows! Super, super cute cows. This looks like a great open garden--I'm going to mark it in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article! Thanks for sharing I added some thoughts on Composting Ideas sometime ago

    ReplyDelete